Whether you are on a limited resource device or not, you should get rid of unnecessary add-ons. There has been quite a bit of movement in the community lately, and sadly, some of them are gone. Perhaps one of your favorites has changed locations or repos or maybe the add-on is not what you expected. It could also be that the add-on has gone by the wayside. If you follow our guide, we can walk you through the steps to uninstall add-ons by using the default skins (Confluence and Estuary). If you are using other skins, you may have to adjust this guide to fit your needs.
How to Uninstall Kodi addons for Kodi Krypton (v17.x)
- Begin by opening Kodi.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the heading that says Add-ons.
- Select the one of the different categories you want to use, and locate the add-on.
- Right click or pull up the Information for the add-on.
- Select Uninstall, and then Yes if you are sure you want to proceed.
How to Uninstall Kodi addons for Kodi Jarvis (v16.x)
- Open Kodi.
- Choose the type of add-on you want by clicking on Music, Programs, or Videos.
- Next, go to the sub heading that defines the type of add-on.
- When you find the add-on, right click or pull up the Information portion.
- Select Uninstall and click Yes if you want to proceed.
And that is all you have to do. No matter what types of add-ons you want to get rid of, these are the steps to uninstall them. Again, you can free up space and and memory by getting rid of unused or broken add-ons. If you have found this guide helpful, please share it with your friends so they can use it to uninstall their broken or unwanted add-ons.