If you have been in the community for a while, you may have noticed that certain add-ons offer live streaming. That is done through the Real Time Message Protocol (RTMP) settings in your install. If you do not have these settings enabled, you may not have much luck doing that. In this guide, we will show you how to Enable the RTMP settings in Kodi. This process is quick and easy, once you know how to do it.
Reminder: Use a VPN with Kodi to remain anonymous and access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend ExpressVPN, a no log VPN that delivers fast, secure streaming. You can save up to 49% off a year of unlimited VPN with our KodiFan discount.
How to Enable RTMP for Kodi Krypton (v17.x)
- Open the Krypton Version of Kodi.
- Now, choose Add-ons and then My Add-ons.
- Next, look for the icon that is labeled Video PLayer Inputstream.
- From here, select the RTMP Input.
- The screen that comes up is the standard add-on install screen. Select the option that says Enable.
- Exit out and select InputStream Adaptive. When you see the information screen, select Enable again.
- Both settings are now enabled and your install should be ready to stream the add-ons with the live feed options.
That is all you have to do to activate live streaming in your Kodi install. Keep in mind that this setting is not enabled by default. If you are doing a factory reset, installing a new build, or performing a fresh start on your system, you will need to go and re-enable these settings to get live streaming access to work correctly.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you in reaching your goals. If it has, please feel free to share it with your friends and others so they too can enjoy live streaming.