For those that like the ability to search across all of their add-ons for content, the Global Search is one you will want to take a look at. This one definitely makes it easier to find the different sources of your favorites in your library. Why should you have to scroll through your library just to find the content you want? You won’t want to be without this one. Use our guide to download and install it. You want to make sure to add the dependent text to your files.
Reminder: Use a VPN with Kodi to remain anonymous and access all Kodi add-ons. We recommend IPVanish, a zero-log VPN that delivers the fastest speeds of all providers we’ve tested. Get 60% off now exclusively through Kodi Fan.
Because Kodi is open source, there are many developers that create add-ons for the platform. They are divided into two major groups. The ones located in the Official Kodi Addon Repository are official add-ons. All others are unofficial. This add-on is in the first group. You are allowed to talk about this add-on in the official forums and websites. If you need help, they’ll be glad to help you.
Be sure to add the following text to your addon.xml file.
<import addon=”xbmc.gui” version=”3.00″/>
<import addon=”script.globalsearch” version=”0.1.7″/>
How to Install Global Search for Kodi Krypton (v17.x)
- Once you open Kodi, click on Add-ons.
- At the top, select the icon of the open box.
- Now choose Install from repository and click on Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Go to Program add-ons and select Global Search.
- Now that it is opened, click Install.
- Wait for the add-on enabled message.
- To access, go to Add-ons > Program Add-ons > Global Search.
How to Install Global Search for Kodi Jarvis (v16.x)
- Open Kodi. You will be on the home screen.
- Now, go to System > Add-ons > Install from repository.
- Choose Kodi Add-on Repository and select Program add-ons.
- Find Global Search and click Install.
- You’ll now see the message telling you that the add-on is enabled.
- Access by going to Programs > Program add-ons > Global Search.